Animal Nursing Assistant
Throughout this course, you will learn a range of skills and techniques
Learners should be aged 17 or over at the start of this course.
Throughout this course, you will learn a range of skills and techniques that are required for the smooth and efficient running of a veterinary practice and in work in Animal Nursing. This course requires learners to be aged 17 or over.
- Examining the signs and symptoms of pathogens & disease
- Infection control
- Identifying accommodation requirements for a variety of animals
- Reception duties
- Treatment applications
- First aid & pharmacy legislation
- Maintaining animal health
- Husbandry in a veterinary environment
- Undertaking routine health checks
- Identification of diseases and disorders
- Treatment of diseases and disorders
- Application of medication to treat poor health
- Appropriate methods in aftercare following treatment provided to animals
- Legislations concerned with the veterinary practice
During this course, you will have the opportunity to get hands-on work experience at a local veterinary centre.
During your time on this course, there will be a variety of trips and guest speakers such as physiotherapists and veterinary nurses. We have found it is really helpful to speak to people that are already in the profession as it affords you the opportunity to ask them about their experiences first hand.
- Veterinary nurse assistant
- Veterinary nurse
On successful completion of level 3 you could progress onto the FdSc Animal Management programme here at the University Centre Grimsby, or another university studying in the animal care sector.