About the Level 5 Intermediate Diploma/Certificate in Human Resource Management programme
The Intermediate Diploma/Certificate in Human Resources (HR) Management will give you a broader perspective of the organisational issues facing HR professionals and enable you to develop effective analytical and problem solving issues.
Students must meet one of the following minimum academic qualifications:
- A relevant qualification to NVQ Level 3;
- Five GCE/GCSE passes with at least two at A level (typically such candidates will have some personnel, development or management experience);
- A ‘Foundation’ level qualification from the CIPD;
- A Certificate in Personnel or Training Practice (CPP or CTP) from the CIPD;
- An equivalent or higher level award from nationally recognised educational or professional bodies;
- In exceptional cases, applicants having a minimum of two years of band 3
It is likely applicants will have one of the following describe their work:
- have responsibility for implementing HR policies and strategies
- work in the field of HR management/development and need to extend their knowledge and skills
- building an awareness of the human resources levers that drive business value
- building and testing a range of interpersonal skills including communication, listening, relationship management
- broadening knowledge of the organisation and how decisions are made
- deepening technical skills and knowledge The course is ‘open entry’ and does not require any academic qualifications, though candidates will need to demonstrate their aptitude to complete and benefit from the course through an interview with the course leader.
What you will learn
- Business Issues and the Contexts of Human Resources (5CHR)
- Developing Professional Practice (5DVP)
- Using Information in Human Resources (5UIN)
- Managing and Coordinating the Human Resource Function (5HRF)
- Employee Engagement (5ENG)
- Employment Law (5EML)
- Reward Management (5RMT) *
- Improving Organisational Performance (5IVP) * *
Learning & Teaching Methods
This course is primarily designed for face to face learning with you attending your lessons for the specified hours within the validation document. However, there may be periods of study where the government advises TEC Partnership that it is not safe to open campuses or there is limited access due to social distancing measures. If the campus is closed TEC Partnership will deliver your sessions online and offer you the necessary support and resources remotely. If there is limited access due to social distancing measures a blended model will be adopted with some lessons happening in small groups and others happening using online sessions and support. We will make decisions on the delivery hours for each programme as government advice becomes clearer. We are currently reviewing this programme and some elements of the published programmes may need to change in order for students to achieve. We will advise you of these changes once they are completed.
The programme is delivered via a combination of lectures, tutorials and group activities.
As a student of this CIPD qualification, you are not only undertaking a key HR qualification validated by the CIPD but one that is nationally and internationally recognised. The experience of the teaching team gives breath to the learning experience and enables you as a student to share your HR experience(s) and expertise with fellow students.
Progression to CIPD Advanced Level 7 or MSC in HR.
Other programmes that may interest you
Full-time Certificate in Education, Professional Graduate Certificate in Education and Postgraduate Certificate in Education (Teaching in the Education, Training and Skills Sector)