Higher Education Study Skills
The Higher Education Academic Achievement Coach is based on the ground floor of the Higher Education Learning Centre and offers additional extra academic study skills support to all Higher Education students.
- Academic Writing Study Guide (PDF Document)
- Book & Article Reviews study guide (PDF Document)
- Essay Checklist (PDF Document)
- Dissertations study guide (PDF Document)
- Essay Writing study guide (PDF Document)
- Basic Referencing Tips And Golden Rules
- Critical Thinking
- Forms of Assessment
- Evaluation Hints and Tips
The Writing for Assignments E-Library project is a resource to help people learn about writing at university. Learning by example is known to be effective. Genuine and successful students’ work can be viewed with comments explaining why it is good and, in some cases, how academics thought the writing could be improved. Use this site to perfect your skills and develop your understanding of how writing works.
- Examples of student essays and other university assignments from a number of subject areas
- Comments from lecturers about why the writing is good – or how it could be improved