Course Terms & Conditions
All international students accepted onto full-time courses at the Grimsby Institute will be bound by the following terms and conditions. Please read carefully and if you have any queries or questions please email: [email protected]
- Enrolling for a course at The Grimsby Institute constitutes a binding agreement on the student to follow the course and pay the full tuition fees
- All the declarations made in applications are accepted in good faith. Any false declarations about qualifications or age, or failure to produce documentary evidence of entry qualifications, may render a student liable to exclusion from the course to which he/she has been admitted. In such cases a student will not be entitled to any refund of fees, but will be allowed to transfer to another course offered by the Institute for which he/she meets the entry criteria.
- Students unable to join their course by the scheduled date must inform the Institute in writing at least two weeks prior to the starting date of their course. Any applications for deferment of the starting date, which are not received within the specified time, will only be accepted at the discretion of the Institute.
- Fees for courses as quoted are for tuition only. Accommodation, registration fees with professional bodies and/or examining boards, examination fees, books, manuals, writing materials etc are not included.
- Tuition fees paid are not refundable. However, if a student has been refused a visa or entry to Britain, the total fees paid will be refunded minus a £250 administration charge, provided all the following conditions are met:
- The Institute is provided with a copy the original letter by the UK Visa and Immigration, confirming the refusal of Visa.
- Students who are late in starting their course will not be entitled to any refund of, or reduction in tuition fees; this also applies where students have been absent from classes for a period of time and where they may not have been attending all the subjects for which they have been enrolled.
- If a student is required by the Home Office to leave the UK because of poor attendance, or because of any breach of law, tuition fees paid will not be refundable.
- All details printed in the prospectus and accompanying documents are correct at the time of printing. The Institute reserves the right to make changes to the structure and content of courses, including the amalgamation or cancellation of classes, if deemed necessary.
- A student whose fees are to be paid by an acceptable organisation or agency will be notified if the sponsor subsequently refuses to pay then the student will be informed and ask to pay the fees. A visa letter will not be issued without full payment of student fees.
The Institute makes every effort to ensure that the information contained on this website is consistent with that contained in the printed prospectus. However, in the event of any discrepancies between printed and website information, the details given in the printed prospectus will be deemed to be the correct edition.