Employability at the Grimsby Institute
There are a wide range of employability activities and services available to support you during your studies to help plan your career, as well as improve your employability skills. Try not to leave your decision until the last minute, develop your employability skills throughout your time at university to give yourself the best possible chance of gaining your dream job.
At University Centre Grimsby we aim to give you the tools and knowledge to enable you to move into your chosen career.
There are a variety of resources and activities you can access:
- CV clinics and access to online support to help you improve that all important CV
- Mock interviews and interview support to help you create that all important first impression
- Themed employability workshops
- Weekly Labour Market Update – emailed directly to your student email account update so you can keep up to date with the latest local job vacancies
- Student job shop available to discuss available vacancies and application processes
- Employability Canvas Page – our VLE gives you access to a variety of useful careers resources
- Regular employer and networking events
- Industry lectures
- Internship and voluntary openings
- Post graduate study information sessions and visits