About Grimsby Institute
Our Nuns Corner Campus, located in the centre of Grimsby, is the main provider of technical and professional training in the region. It provides a broad curriculum that encompasses full and part-time provision from 14 years onwards.
The vast array of training options include Further and Higher Education choices offering apprenticeships, community provision, business training, work-based training and commercial activities.
The Nuns Corner Campus is home to the Engineering and Renewable Energy Centre, a £6-million Sports Centre and the Grimsby School of Art, a £4-million home for our Creative Arts courses.
The Institute’s Nunsthorpe Community Campus, located a short walk from the main campus, offers some Construction provision.
Nuns Corner is also the home to the £20-million University Centre Grimsby. UCG opened its doors in 2011 and offers a dedicated home for our Higher Education programmes, offered in partnership with the University of Hull and Teesside University, alongside our own suite of Foundation Degree programmes.
The Grimsby Institute is also the base for a large Workforce Development provision and for the Food Refrigeration and Process Engineering Research Centre (FRPERC).
The Graduate Salon , our Hair and Beauty training salon, was recently named as the CIBTAC International Centre of the Year. We have also achieved National Skills Academy status for Creative and Cultural Skills, Food Manufacturing and Environmental Technologies.
Why choose the Grimsby Institute?
When you are deciding on a career route or looking for the right training for your perfect career we are a great place to start.
• We have industry-standard facilities and resources
• Our tutors have industry experience
• You’ll train in realistic working environments
• We’re the only Ofsted Outstanding college in Grimsby, Lincolnshire and the Humber
• We prepare you for your future
• Excellent links with local, national and international employers
• Industry recognised qualifications.
• We are focused on making your time with us the best it can be
• An exciting range of daily activities to get involved with ranging from cooking to sports